Software Asset Management is a new field in Hungary, and, as such, projects are mostly run involving independent experts. Lacking inside expertise, it is difficult for Clients to verify that the project is heading in the right direction and it would meet its objectives.
IPR-Insights? experts have many years? experience in making SAM projects work, and field a sizeable body of knowledge of best practices that work in practice, the opportunities and risks, and, naturally, the ins-and-outs of software licensing. Armed with the knowledge of the local economic and legislative background in Hungary, and an understanding of the various operating setups of software vendors, IPR-Insights are ready to add substantial business value in a quality assurance role for software asset management projects.
Quality assurance services of IPR-Insights provide benefits in the following areas:
- Review of draft project plans, methodology and approach, specifically highlighting risks
- Training for employees involved
- Quality assurance of project implementation, including participation in negotiations with suppliers, and ongoing risk management
- Quality check of project products prior to acceptance, including examination of inventory against requirements, verification of license records, as well as assurance of accurate tracking of products which are not licensed on an installed instance (per device) basis
- Contribution to design and implementation of software asset management processes
- Enforcing ISO 19770-1 compliance requirements on suppliers, if necessary